Saab Magalona remains hopeful despite heartbreaking death of her baby girl

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
maxPaginationLinks: 10

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 6) — "On February 8, we lost our baby girl," a heartbroken Saab Magalona penned on Tuesday.

The 29-year-old singer-actress shared the "hardest thing" she had to write on the blog post she co-wrote with her husband Jim Bacarro.

Magalona, who carried twins, shared the traumatic story after almost a month after the tragic death of her baby girl.

"I've stayed silent because I think I've been in denial. I thought keeping it to ourselves would make this whole thing unreal. This last month, I was in and out of the ICU (intensive care unit) and I almost didn't make it," she said.

She said her baby boy is still in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. He was initially in critical condition, but improving now after fighting off complications and going through surgery.

Her husband described the experience as "hindi pang-tao 'yung pinagdaanan natin." [Translation: What we went through was inhumane.]

Despite their pain, they refuse to be filled with hate.

"This whole time, we've been nervous about bringing children into this scary world and in an instant, our world was turned upside down. Despite this tragedy, we have encountered so many heroes and kind people," Magalona wrote.

She added, "We are taking it one day at a time, focusing on all the good things we are blessed with. I am still alive, I have a strong and loving husband, and God has shown us so many miracles through our little boy."

Magalona shared the blog post on the ninth death anniversary of her father, actor-host-rapper Francis Magalona. She also posted the photo of the grave of her baby girl, which is beside her late father's.

"I know he will be looking after his apo," she said.

A post shared by Saab Magalona-Bacarro (@saabmagalona) on