Updated 01:30 AM PHT Tue, December 20, 2016
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — President Rodrigo Duterte revealed on Monday the names of three politicians in his drug list.
During a speech in Malacañang, Duterte said former Iligan City Rep. Vicente Belmonte, former Iligan City Mayor Lawrence Cruz, and a certain "Mayor Willie Lim" are part of his "narco-list."
The list contains names of incumbent and former government and barangay officials, police officers and even members of the Judiciary.
"Look at it. Every page — elected public officials. Ako hindi ako maniwala. [I can't believe it.] Representative Vicente Belmonte, Mayor Lawrence Cruz, that’s in Iligan. Mayor Willie Lim. They are all high profiles," he said.
Duterte added a female senator is part of the list, but he stopped short of mentioning a name.
Reiterating a point in his previous speeches, Duterte said the campaign against illegal drugs will last until his term ends in 2022.
"You know, until the last pusher is out of the streets in my country, and until the biggest or big drug lords are killed, this campaign against drugs will continue to the very last day of my term. Six years for [sic.] now," he said.
Duterte has given copies of his 'narco-list' to the Supreme Court, the Senate President and House Speaker. He has not publicized the current version so far.
Is it accurate?
It remains to be seen if the list is accurate. Last September, Duterte publicly apologized to Pangasinan Rep. Amado Espino, Pangasinan Board Member Raul Sison and former Pangasinan Provincial Administrator Raffy Baraan for the erroneous inclusion of their names in the first version of the list.
"Somehow, we were negligent in counter-checking during the first report," Duterte admitted in a speech last September.
The President explained that he personally examined the reports and revalidated it, but he found something "missing" to implicate Espino, Sison, and Baraan.
Last August, Duterte also mentioned the names of four incumbent judges. However, a subsequent probe by the Supreme Court cleared three judges of the allegations. An investigation on the fourth judge, Antonio Reyes, is still going on.
Philippine National Police chief Ronald de la Rosa told CNN's Ivan Watson last August the list is based on "pure" intelligence reports validated by intelligence units of the police, the drug enforcement agency, and the military.