Updated 10:41 AM PHT Thu, January 26, 2017
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — One of the prime suspects in the abduction and killing of a Korean right inside Camp Crame is now back at the national police headquarters where he will be detained over the weekend before he is presented to an Angeles City court next week.
SPO3 Ricky Sta. Isabel arrived at Camp Crame around 7:15 p.m. Friday — after being picked up by policemen at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) compound in Manila around 6:30 p.m.
Sta. Isabel, who was wearing a bullet proof vest and helmet, looked relaxed and was even smiling at the media.
He was handcuffed when he was brought to the PNP Anti-Kidnapping Group (AKG) office. His wife was with him.
Angeles City RTC Branch 58 issued his arrest warrant earlier in the day.
Sta. Isabel denied he killed businessman Jee Ick-joo and claimed he just followed orders from his team leader, Supt. Raphael Dumlao.
When asked about the specific instructions of Dumlao, he said he would answer this in a proper forum.
PNP chief Ronald Dela Rosa earlier said that he would have a man-to-man talk with Sta. Isabel.
Sta. Isabel said he was aware that the PNP chief was fuming mad about what happened but he said he was ready to face Dela Rosa and tell him everything.
Sta. Isabel will be detained at the PNP Custodial Center.
Another suspect in the kidnap-slay, SPO4 Roy Villegas, was being held at the Anti-Illegal Drugs Group detention facility also at Camp Crame.
Dumlao, meanwhile, is under restrictive custody at the Headquarters Support Service also at the national police headquarters. There is no formal case yet against him.
Meanwhile, another suspect — Ramon Yalung — turned up at Crame later in the evening. Yalung surrendered to the PNP Anti Kidnapping Group.
CNN Philippines' Gerg Cahiles contributed to this report.