'Tokhang' survivor files charges vs 4 policemen

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

A member of the PNP-SOCO examines a crime scene (file photo)

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — He lives to tell the tale.

A man who claims to have survived a summary execution during an anti-illegal drugs operation in Payatas, Quezon City has filed administrative and criminal charges against four policemen before the Office of the Ombudsman.

Efren Morillo said on Friday that on August 21 last year, policemen identified as Sr. Insp. Emil Garcia, PO3 Allan Formilleza, PO1 James Aggarao and PO1 Melchor Navisaga accused him and four others of being involved in illegal drugs.

Without any proof, Morillo said they were handcuffed and brought inside a house where they were shot.

His four companions died while he sustained a gunshot wound in his left chest. He then pretended to be dead. Morillo said he managed to escape when the policemen left the crime scene.

Related: PNP chief promises better drug war enforcement

Morillo said one of the policemen even ordered to call the Scene of the Crime Operations (SOCO) unit, then declared that the suspects resisted arrest and fought back, and planted evidence to support their claims.

The alleged crime took place a month after the Duterte administration launched its bloody war on drugs or "tokhang."

Morillo said until now he feared for his life even if cases had been filed against the policemen. His lawyer said the best way to deal with the situation would be to take the matter to court.

CNN Philippines' Gerg Cahiles contributed to this report.