Prayers sought for hospitalized Pepe Smith

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, November 15) - Family and friends are calling for prayers for Philippines' King of Rock and Roll Pepe Smith, who was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday.

Family and friends are calling for prayers for Philippines' King of Rock and Roll Pepe Smith, who was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday.

Manager Mark de Leon said Smith was brought to the hospital due to a stroke.

"Na-stroke na si Pepe last year, tapos sabi daw ng doktor, ganu'n daw talaga, puwedeng umulit," De Leon said.

[Translation: Pepe already suffered from a stroke last year, the doctor said it could really happen again.]

The 70-year-old rock pioneer is in stable condition, and is waiting for a neurologist to give the official medical report, he added.

Music organizer Dudee Alfonso posted a photo of Smith with an oxygen mask on a hospital bed in Metro Antipolo Hospital and Medical Center. 

Smith was set to host his first ever "Pepe Smith Rockfest" on November 18. The organizers of the event said they will release a statement regarding the state of Smith's health and the music festival.

"In view of Pepe's health condition, we would like to inform you that the Pepe Smith Rockfest organizers are currently holding a meeting and would be coming out with an official statement within the day. We also appeal for fervent prayers for our beloved Pinoy Rock legend," it said in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

Local artists also offered their prayers for the rock legend.

 

 

 

Smith also suffered from a mild stroke earlier this year. But he said he's better after the health scare.

"I'm better… Rock and roll pa rin. It will never die," Smith said in September.