Sandiganbayan division denies Napoles' transfer to DOJ custody

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 10) — Alleged pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim Napoles is not leaving the Sandiganbayan jail anytime soon.

The anti-graft's first division on Tuesday denied for lack of merit her motion to be transferred from Camp Bagong Diwa to the custody of the Department of Justice's (DOJ) Witness Protection Program (WPP).

 

Napoles was provisionally placed under the DOJ's WPP but the Sandiganbayan needed to approve her transfer to the department's custody since it handles her plunder and graft cases.

Napoles is accused of funneling P10 billion in lawmakers' funds to bogus non-government organizations.

Napoles also has cases in Sandiganbayan's third and fifth divisions which have yet to release their decision on her urgent motion for transfer which was filed March 15.  

In a bid to justify her need for government protection, Napoles' camp in March also claimed that her jail cell was ransacked in October last year.

Her lawyer, Stephen David, earlier told CNN Philippines Napoles filed new affidavits on what she knows about the controversial Priority Development Assistance Fund or pork barrel which the Supreme Court declared unconstitutional in 2013.

David said Napoles will reveal new information on the scam, but denied she was the mastermind.