Remains of alleged murder victim in South Korea to be flown to PH

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 25) — The remains of a Filipino worker found in a purifying tank in South Korea will be flown to the Philippines Saturday evening, Philippine authorities say.

Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Deputy Administrator Arnell Ignacio shared a copy of the consular mortuary certificate of suspected murder victim Angelo Claveria. 

The remains of the 34-year old Iloilo native will arrive on May 26 in Manila and will then be sent to his hometown Cabatuan the next day.

Special Assistant to the President Christopher "Bong" Go will visit the wake to personally hand over to the family of the deceased assistance for the burial provided by the OWWA and financial aid from the Office of the President.

Mayette Claveria, sister of Angelo, requested the help of SAP Go in bringing the body of Angelo home to the Philippines.

Earlier this month, Department of Foreign Affairs Spokesman Elmer Cato said South Korean authorities suspect this is a case of murder committed by another Filipino.

READ: DFA: South Korea authorities hunting Filipino suspect in murder case

Cato said the country's authorities asked help from the Philippine Embassy in Seoul in identifying the skeletal remains found in the tank early April.

Its DNA matched samples submitted by the 34-year old victim's family in the Philippines, he said.

  gyeonggi-province-map_CNNPH.jpg

Cato added that there were four Filipinos suspected to be involved in the killing, but evidence lead to one Filipino as the main suspect.