Puyat: Tulfos have yet to return Tourism money

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 15) — The Tulfo brothers have yet to return P60 million worth of Department of Tourism funds, the Tourism Chief said.

In an interview with CNN Philippines News Night, Tourism Secretary Berna Romulo-Puyat said that the Tulfo brothers have yet to return the money that was meant to buy advertisement time on the show of former Tourism Secretary Wanda Tulfo-Teo's brothers on PTV 4.

"As of today, they have not returned it," Puyat told CNN Philippines.

Puyat said that the Commission on Audit (COA) had already asked the Tulfos to return the money, and that the family has six months to reply.

"It's really between the COA and the ones involved. And then once they return it they will give it to the Department of Tourism and then we will return it to the Treasury," Puyat explained.

The Tourism chief hopes that the money will be returned by the end of the year.

READ: Mon Tulfo belies claim blocktimer will return P60M ad spend

 

On the other hand, Puyat confirmed that content creator Erwan Heussaff will return the money he earned from Buhay Carinderia, a suspended project spearheaded by the Tourism Promotions Board that allegedly did not go through proper bidding.