Grab no longer required to reimburse ₱2/minute charge

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, September 4) — Regulators no longer required transport network company Grab to reimburse the per-minute charge that it said was unauthorized.

In an order penned Tuesday, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) said Grab will not reimburse passengers for the previously imposed ₱2 per minute charge from June 5, 2017 to April 19, 2018.

"The order directing the respondent to reimburse the riders who were charged with ₱2/per minute from June 5, 2017 to April 19, 2018 is hereby reversed and set aside for lack of legal basis to support the reimbursement by way of rebate of future riders," the LTFRB order signed by Chairman Martin Delgra read.

However, Grab still has to pay the ₱10-million fine for collecting the fee without LTFRB approval.