PNP to probe 'Bikoy' videos tagging Bong Go, Paolo Duterte in illegal drug trade

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

The PNP chief says the videos may be a form of "propaganda" to mislead voters in the upcoming elections. (FILE PHOTO)

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 15) — The Philippine National Police (PNP) will investigate viral videos tagging former government officials and candidates close to the President in the illegal drug trade, its chief said Monday.

P/General Oscar Albayalde told reporters they would take the initiative to identify the mastermind behind the videos featuring an alias "Bikoy", though they have not received formal complaints.

"As of this time, wala pa namang lumalapit na complainant kasi sa amin (no one has filed a complaint yet). But we will do the initiative to identify the person," Albayalde said.

Since Friday, there have been four episodes of the series entitled "Ang Totoong Narcolist" tagging former Presidential aide and senatorial candidate Bong Go and presidential son and former Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte in an illegal drug syndicate.

Albayalde said the videos may be a form of propaganda to mislead voters. Paolo Duterte is running for district representative.

"We really do not know kung nagpapagamit siya sa kung sino-sino, kung nagja-jive ito sa upcoming midterm election, baka nagpapagamit siya kung kani-kaninong group or political party. 'Di natin masabi. For all you know, this is part of a propaganda this coming midterm elections," he said.

[Translation: We really do not know if he's being used, if this is jiving with the upcoming midterm election. Maybe he is being used by groups or political parties. We can't say. For all you know, this is part of a propaganda this coming midterm elections.]

Go had previously denied the allegations and even bared his back to the public to prove he had no tattoo of a drug syndicate.

Paolo Duterte had also denied the links to the drug trade and accused Senator Antonio Trillanes, a vocal critic of the administration, as the mastermind behind the video. The senator denied this claim.

CNN Philippines' correspondent Gerg Cahiles contributed to this report.