Two killed in Baguio mudslide

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Two bodies were retrieved following a mudslide in a construction site in Baguio City.

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 14) Two died following a mudslide at a construction site in Baguio City on Wednesday afternoon.

The victims, Hanna Aragon and Engineer Patrick Lachica of the FCL Construction Company, were buried under the mud after a construction mishap.

Rafael Valencia of the 911 On-Call Inc., said no one else was harmed during the incident.

Valencia, on the other hand, advised residents near mudslide-prone areas to take caution.

"May ginagawa naman po 'yung risk reduction (office) natin, na pinapalipat naman po natin 'yung mga nasa mga delikadong lugar. So nasa evacuation center po sila," he said.

[Translation: Our Risk Reduction office is doing something, and all of those affected residents are transferred to evacuation centers.]

Areas in the province of Benguet will experience heavy rains due to the southwest monsoon.  The rains are expected to last in Central Luzon until Sunday.

READ: PAGASA: Monsoon rains in Luzon to continue until Sunday

The two construction personnel are the latest casualties brought on by the onslaught of heavy rains. Typhoon Domeng last week also left two dead.

READ: 2 dead in aftermath of Typhoon Domeng