Four Chinese, two Filipinos arrested over alleged kidnapping in Las Piñas

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, October 30) - The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said on Friday agents arrested four Chinese nationals and two Filipinos on Oct. 27 for alleged kidnapping.

The arrest stemmed from a complaint by a man who said he was a kidnap victim, said NBI in a statement. The bureau did not name the victim.

The NBI identifed the suspects as Jiang Zhi Chao, Han Yong, Shi Qui, Zhao Jian Wei, Christopher Belarmino, and Darnel Volante.

The bureau said the complainant identified the house where he was supposedly detained by the suspects in Barangay Talon Dos, Las Piñas City. He even identified one of the suspects who came out of the gate to throw garbage.

Operatives confiscated firearms, ammunition, handcuffs, IDs and documents, said the NBI.

The operation also led to the rescue of a Chinese national who said he had been detained in the house since Oct. 20.

The NBI said the victim identifed himself as an employee of an online gambling firm in a Las Piñas mall. The victim said the pay was low and sometimes he was not paid at all, so he decided to go back to China.

But when he resigned, his boss and an assistant asked him to pay P240,000 to get back his passport back. However, he was not able to produce the money and was detained until he could pay up.

NBI said the Chinese victim also saw the Filipino complainant in the room where he stayed on Oct. 26, but was also released the same day after paying an amount.

The suspects are now detained at the NBI.