Imee Marcos still to pursue SC case vs House probe

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos speaks at the Kapihan sa Manila Bay.

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — Saying there were still "threats" against her, Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos said Wednesday she would still push through with her petition for the Supreme Court to stop an ongoing House inquiry into alleged misuse of tobacco funds in her province.

Speaking at a morning forum in Manila, Marcos said her legal counsels had advised her to continue with the high court case, which also sought protection from rights violations.

Related: Imee Marcos brings 'Ilocos 6' detention case to SC

She said these were still pending, and only the petition for habeas corpus would be moot, since the so-called Ilocos 6 had been released from House detention yesterday.

Related: House panel orders release of 'Ilocos 6'

Marcos, together with family members including her mother, former first lady Imelda Marcos, attended the House probe yesterday. She maintained there was nothing wrong in the P66-million purchase of motor vehicles intended for tobacco farmers.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court had ordered House officials, including her accuser, majority leader Rudy Fariñas, to comment on Marcos' petition within 10 days from receipt of notice.

CNN Philippines' Anjo Alimario contributed to this report.