3 Filipinos under quarantine in New Clark City showing coronavirus symptoms

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, February 27) — Three Filipinos who were quarantined at New Clark City showed symptoms of the coronavirus disease or COVID-19, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III confirmed Thursday.

Duque told CNN Philippines that the three have coughs and colds and have been admitted to Jose B. Lingad Hospital in Pampanga for evaluation.

He also said nose and throat swabs from the three have been sent to the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine for testing.

There are 458 Filipinos quarantined at Athlete’s Village in New Clark City in Tarlac, 440 of them are part of the crew on board the coronavirus-hit cruise ship Diamond Princess. Five are tourists, while 13 were part of the repatriation team that fetched Filipinos on board the cruise ship which was quarantined for 14 days off the coast of Japan.

All of them had previously tested negative for coronavirus before they were quarantined again in New Clark City.

All Filipinos under quarantine are monitored twice a day to see if any of them would develop flu-like symptoms. Once any of them would exhibit signs and symptoms, they would be immediately referred to designated hospitals, she added.

Seventy Filipino crew members of the Diamond Princess who tested positive for the coronavirus remain admitted in hospitals in Tokyo, Japan, while 10 have recovered and were discharged.

The Philippines has only confirmed three cases of coronavirus. Two have recovered, while one died — the first death due to the virus outside of mainland China.