Some small business workers to receive nothing, others to get P3,000 in wage subsidy's second tranche

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, May 19) — Small business employees qualified to avail of the Small Business Wage Subsidy or SBWS but who also received the one-time cash aid from the Labor Department will get only up P3,000 or nothing during the second-tranche payout.

President Rodrigo Duterte, in his 8th report to Congress, said that P5,000 aid extended by the Department of Labor and Employment will be deducted from the cash aid of the SBWS beneficiaries.

This is to avoid duplication of the financial aid received by workers, he explained.

Under the SBWS program, qualified employees in small enterprises affected by the lockdown are each entitled to receive P5,000 to P8,000 for two months, depending on the minimum wage in their region. The first payout was scheduled for May 1 to 15 and the next payout from May 16 to May 31.

Meanwhile, the DOLE offers a one-time P5,000 cash aid for displaced formal workers under its COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program.

As of May 14, the first round of the small business wage subsidy has been credited to the bank or PayMaya accounts of more than 2.6 million SBWS beneficiaries, the President reported.

Duterte said The Bureau of Treasury released last week P25.5 billion to the Development Bank of the Philippines for the second tranche of the wage subsidy program led by the Social Security System and Department of Finance.