Duterte to address nation Friday morning on govt's COVID-19 response

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

(FILE PHOTO

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 4) — President Rodrigo Duterte is set to deliver a speech on Friday morning, to give an update on how the government has responded to COVID-19 crisis.

The President was supposed to deliver his weekly address on Thursday evening, but Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said it was instead moved to 8 a.m. on June 5

The address will come just as Duterte told the Department of Health that it only has until June 9 to give cash benefits to virus-hit health workers.

Roque, in an online briefing on Thursday, said Duterte gave the order in response to a revelation during a Senate hearing that no infected healthcare worker so far has received the compensation as promised in the Bayanihan to Heal As One Act.

Apart from issues concerning COVID-19, the President is also expected to discuss matters concerning the Anti-Terrorism Bill, which the House of Representatives passed on third reading on Wednesday.

Duterte submitted his 10th report on COVID-19 efforts to the Joint Congressional Oversight Committee on Monday, highlighting what has been done so far.