4 Pasig streets under localized ECQ

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, July 19) — Four streets in a barangay in Pasig City will be placed under a localized enhanced community quarantine starting this evening due to a surge in COVID-19 cases.

The streets of Pipino, Labanos, Okra and Ubas in Napico, Barangay Manggahan will be on lockdown until further notice, the city's local government announced Saturday.

"Strict implementation will begin Sunday evening," the LGU said. "Residents will only be allowed to leave their houses for work and emergency reasons."

Mayor Vico Sotto said food packs will be distributed to the affected residents to minimize health risks.

As of Saturday, Pasig City has 1,212 COVID-19 cases. Of this number, 109 are from Manggahan with 53 active cases. The city has recorded 661 recoveries and 94 deaths overall.

Six areas in Antipolo City, Rizal were also put on a one-week lockdown from July 18 to July 24 due to a surge in COVID-19 cases.

In Metro Manila, some areas in Quezon City, Taguig, Manila City, and Muntinlupa were previously placed on localized quarantine, with guidance from health authorities and the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases following a spike in transmissions.

The Philippines has logged 65,304 COVID-19 cases to date, with 22,067 total recoveries and 1,773 deaths.