Nearly 400,000 tourism workers receive one-time DOLE cash aid

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 13) — The Department of Labor and Employment on Tuesday said it has so far approved the application of almost 400,000 COVID-affected tourism workers for the one-time ₱5,000 financial assistance under an aid scheme implemented by the agency.

In a statement, the department said there were a total of 383,557 beneficiaries of the aid under the COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program, or CAMP, as of April 11.

These include 370,434 workers from over 14,000 establishments and organizations, as well as 13,123 others who applied individually.

Of the subsidy, ₱1.2 billion has already been released, while the remaining ₱719.2 million is still to be disbursed.

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III urged workers displaced by the pandemic, especially those affected by the recently lifted enhanced community quarantine in the Greater Manila area, to apply for the cash aid. During the first week of the strict lockdown implementation from March 29 to April 5, the department said around 8,000 tourism sector workers have already benefited from CAMP.

Establishments, organizations, or individuals who wish to apply for the assistance must submit documentary requirements to the Department of Tourism regional office for initial evaluation. Upon verification, they shall then be directed to complete the rest of the application online. [LINK: https://reports.dole.gov.ph/