Laguna, Iloilo City, CDO under ECQ; parts of Calabarzon under MECQ, heightened GCQ until Aug. 15

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

(FILE PHOTO)

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, August 5)— The province of Laguna and the cities of Iloilo and Cagayan de Oro will be placed under enhanced community quarantine from Aug. 6 to 15, Malacañang said on Thursday.

President Rodrigo Duterte approved the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force to place the areas under the strictest lockdown measure, his spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.

Parts of Calabarzon will also be placed under tighter quarantine protocols for the same period.

Cavite, Lucena City, and Rizal will be under modified ECQ, while Batangas and Quezon will be placed under general community quarantine with heightened restrictions.

Roque also announced that Iloilo province will be classified under MECQ until Aug. 15.

IATF officials earlier this week said they would review and evaluate whether to put Calabarzon or some areas in the region under ECQ amid rising COVID-19 cases.

Metro Manila will also be placed under hard lockdown until Aug. 20 to contain the spread of the highly contagious Delta coronavirus variant.