DILG on Day 1 of pilot run of alert level system in NCR: 'So far, so good'

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

FILE PHOTO

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, September 17) — Interior Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya said the pilot run of the alert level system in Metro Manila is going well, but admitted it is challenging to implement the new scheme.

"So far, so good kasi...napakalat naman iyong ating mga bagong pamantayan," Malaya said in a Laging Handa briefing.

[Translation: So far, so good because the new guidelines were properly disseminated.]

"This is really a challenge to us dahil marami na ang negosyo na pinapayagan nating magbukas under the new alert level system," he added.

[Translation: This is really a challenge to us because we are allowing many establishments to reopen under the new alert level system.]

The policy shift aims to let the ailing economy recover from the health crisis.

Malaya noted there were just instances in which authorities asked unvaccinated clients inside barbershops to go home. Metro Manila is currently under Alert Level 4. Under this alert status, only fully vaccinated persons are allowed to avail themselves of personal care services indoors.

The DILG earlier ordered village officials and Metro Manila police to ensure compliance with the minimum health standards amid the still-rising COVID-19 cases.