Oriental Mindoro baby who got COVID-19 recovering, governor says

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 1) — The 1-year-old girl from Oriental Mindoro who got infected with COVID-19 appears to have recovered, Governor Humerlito "Bonz" Dolor said Wednesday, citing a doctor's report.

The official said that the baby, who is the first and only confirmed coronavirus case in the province so far, has completed taking medicines and had "no more signs of pneumonia" according to her doctor. The baby's companions did not show symptoms of the disease, he added.

Meanwhile, 20 other patients under investigation in the province have tested negative for the disease, according to the regional office of the Department of Health.

The girl, who is 21 months old, is also the youngest reported to have been infected with COVID-19 in the country. The baby was in Alabang in Muntinlupa City from March 5-12 before she was brought to Calapan City.

On Tuesday night, Dolor said the baby's doctor has been waiting for the results of a second test to check if the coronavirus has been flushed out of the girl's body. The doctor assured that the kid is already playful and may be discharged by Thursday or Friday if she tests negative.

The elderly as well as people with preexisting health conditions are deemed most vulnerable to the disease, which has killed 88 people in the Philippines.