Bukidnon province reports first COVID-19 case

enablePagination: false
maxItemsPerPage: 10
totalITemsFound:
maxPaginationLinks: 10
maxPossiblePages:
startIndex:
endIndex:

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 9) — The province of Bukidnon recorded its first case of COVID-19 on Thursday.

Valencia City Mayor Azucena Huervas said the male patient was previously considered a patient under investigation after attending the infamous cockfight derby in Davao City on March 12.

Eleven COVID-19 deaths have been linked to the Matina Gallera cockfight derby, the Health Department said on Tuesday. The Davao region has logged 11 deaths due to COVID-19, of this number six people had exposure at the derby.

The derby happened while Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte ordered the cancellation of all events during the Araw ng Davao celebration in March. At that time DOH had already asked the public not to attend gatherings.